Katee Robert joins us to talk about The Fearless King, juggling motherhood with writing, and her plans for a series inspired by classic villains!
If you haven’t joined our new Facebook group yet, you’re missing out on the fun! Find it HERE! If you have a moment to leave us a rating on iTunes, we would be ever so grateful!
WAYS TO LISTEN
Some highlights from our conversation include:
- Her intro to romance sneaking her mom’s books.
- How she became a mother extremely young and ended up in Germany with two kids and started writing.
- How Kresley Cole inspires her.
- Some of the books in her backlist and how they came about.
- People who get angry enough about f-bombs to write strongly worded letters.
- Her awesome relationship with her editor, Leah Hultenschmidt (you can hear Leah in our episode with Carolyn Brown!)
- How much murder is too much murder?
- That time she essentially joined a cult and learned that she’d probably get sucked in to one again.
- Our love of villains and how she’s exploring them with a new series!
- How she balances writing with motherhood and carving out her own identity and time.
- How she’s modified her writing process to write in 15 minute sprints.