We’re joined by fantasy romance author Maxym Martineau who tells us about her debut novel, Kingdom of Exiles. We also chat about her amazing recipe for watermelon margaritas, how she’s been adjusting to having a newborn, and how her books come to her in dreams. Also butt flaps and a random dude who walks in while we’re talking about pubic hair and ejaculate!
If you haven’t joined our Facebook group yet, you’re missing out on the fun! Find our Wicked Wallflowers Coven HERE! If you have a moment to leave us a rating on iTunes, we would be ever so grateful!
WAYS TO LISTEN
Some highlights from our conversation include:
- Butt flaps.
- How she gets book ideas from her dreams.
- Why we demand more fae books.
- Our mutual adoration of Alexa Martin and how we plan to kidnap her and force her to be our mom BFF.
- Adventures in breastfeeding.
- How she’s adapting to early motherhood.
- Check out All The Kissing if you haven’t yet!
- Enjoy the moment a random man walks into the room when we were discussing pubic hair and ejaculate.
- Her writing process.
- Why she creates maps for her books.
- Why fantasy with female protagonists automatically gets characterized as YA.
- Kingdom of Exiles by Maxym Martineau