We’re joined by bestselling author, Maya Rodale! We discuss her outstanding new release, Duchess by Design…as well as how she started reading romance, some of the real historical inspiration for her books, why the Gilded Age is so awesome, feminism, and much more!
- iTunes: Click the button in the banner or here to download (and subscribe!) iTunes: 51 – Maya Rodale: Duchess by Design
- Stream on Simplecast: Ep. 51 Maya Rodale: Duchess by Design
- Click here for GooglePlay!
- It’s also available on Stitcher, Spotify, or most other podcast apps!
To find out more about Maya, you can check out her website or follow her on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram.
Highlights from our conversation include:
- Listen to Jenny fangirl over her love of Duchess by Design
- The real historical people and places that inspired the book
- How Maya was introduced to romance novels and how that led to her publishing a nonfiction book about romance: Dangerous Books for Girls: The Bad Reputation of Romance Novels Explained
- Why a dress with pockets can change the world
- What’s coming next in the series
- What makes the romance genre so powerful and endlessly fascinating
- How she started writing romance
- How her husband reads and provides feedback on her books
- Her amazing fantasyland workspace
Books mentioned in this episode:
- Duchess by Designby Maya Rodale
- Dangerous Books for Girls: The Bad Reputation of Romance Novels Explained by Maya Rodale
- The Flame and the Flower by Kathleen Woodiwiss
- Books by Tom Robbins