We’re joined this week by the utterly charming Gail Garriger to talk about her fabulous books, her journey into romance, and her experiences as an archaeologist!
Thanks to everyone who has heeded our call from the Anniversary Episode and left us a review on iTunes (or wherever you listen!)—we appreciate it more than you know! Make sure you remember to shoot us an email (firstname.lastname@example.org) to claim your reward(s)! If you haven’t done it yet, offer still stands!
- A signed copy of Jenny’s book!
- A custom limerick written about you by Sarah!
- Name a character in Jenny’s column!
We’re also thrilled with our new Facebook group and loving being able to connect more with listeners, so if you haven’t joined yet, come be part of our Facebook club!
- iTunes: Click the button in the banner or here to download (and subscribe!) iTunes: 55 – Gail Carriger: The Omega Objection
- Stream on Simplecast: Ep. 55 Gail Carriger: The Omega Objection
- Click here for GooglePlay!
- It’s also available on Stitcher, Spotify, or most other podcast apps!
You can find Gail on her website or follow her on Twitter, Facebook, or Instagram!
Some highlights from our conversation include:
- How little YA there was when we were growing up and how much better it’s getting
- What it means to be a whale reader
- How Soulless came about
- How she got her start in publishing without an agent
- Why she crossed over into self publishing
- Our theories about who ends up doing archaeology and why there are so many who cross over into writing
- Why Gail loves Middle Kingdom Egypt so much
- Her friend “Smelly Cat”
- How she has shifted gears to write contemporary M/M romance
- All about The Omega Objection, her latest in the San Andreas Shifter series
- How she drives readers crazy by making them wait for beloved secondary characters to get their love stories
- How she’s behind on her latest book because she had to sign 10,000 copies of her books at once
- How frustrated she gets when people dismiss romance
- “I am almost entirely composed of pet peeves!” -GC
- “I read alot and I have strong opinions!” -GC
Arrow Trilogy by Mercedes Lackey
Judy Blume books
Sweet Valley High books
Paradox trilogy by Rachel Bach (Fortune’s Pawn is Book 1)
Soulless by Gail Carriger
Circe by Madeline Miller
Song of Achilles by Madeline Miller
The Omega Objection by Gail Carriger
Poison or Protect by Gail Carriger
The Suffragette Scandal by Courtney Milan
The Forgotten Beasts of Eld by Patricia A. McKillip
Books by Cat Sebastian
Books by KJ Charles
Books by R. Cooper
For Real by Alexis Hall
The Lightning Struck Heart by TJ Clune