Ep. 96 J.R. Ward: The Black Dagger Brotherhood
We’re joined by #1 New York Times Bestselling author of The Black Dagger Brotherhood series, J.R. Ward. She’s chats with us about her rocky path to publishing success, why it’s her fault Jenny became a dominatrix, her advice for women, and her writing process. She’s everything we dreamed she would be…and more!
If you haven’t joined our Facebook group yet, you’re missing out on the fun! Find our Wicked Wallflowers Coven HERE! If you have a moment to leave us a rating on your preferred platform, we would be ever so grateful! If you love this interview, you may also enjoy our episode with Kresley Cole and Gena Showalter!
WAYS TO LISTEN
Some highlights from our conversation include:
- How she started reading romance with any Harlequin Presents she could get her hands on
- How she first got published prior to the internet
- Her first few attempts at publishing that didn’t go so well before she landed on The Black Dagger Brotherhood
- “You don’t have to win by miles…winning is often an ugly process.”
- Why it’s her fault Jenny became a dominatrix
- “I don’t have a fuckin’ B Plan…The stories are what they are.”
- Why she’s an outliner
- “The bottom line is I write seven days a week, no excuses. Sit the fuck down and do your work.”
- “No one has to give you permission to be a writer…You need to own that space in yourself.”
- Why she encourages women to take up space.
- Enjoy the moment Jenny asks about self care…
- Her fascinating experience of writing and storytelling
- Why Zsadist is one in a million
- Why she decided to become an author when she was a successful lawyer
- How The Black Dagger Brotherhood came to her
- Black Dagger Brotherhood series by J.R. Ward
- Bourbon Kings series by J.R. Ward
- Fallen Angels series by J.R. Ward
- Consumed by J.R. Ward
- Books by Robin Covington (check out our interview with her!)
- Truman Capote: In Which Various Friends, Enemies, Acquaintances and Detractors Recall His Turbulent Career by George Plimpton
You can find J.R. Ward on her website, Twitter, Instagram, or Facebook!