Our third iteration of What We’re Reading, featuring Jen Prokop from JenReadsRomance!
We give a few life updates on Sarah’s new book and Jenny’s adventures in motherhood. Also, dicksoap. We have thoughts.
We forgot to take a picture together, so Jen gets to be the silhouette lady in the middle of this one.
Ways to listen:
- Books we discuss in this episode:
A Taste of Pleasure by Chloe Blake
- Gorgeous cover!
- “Ghost Chef” meets handsome Italian man at a wedding
- Snappy dialog, great banter.
- Jen considers it “perfect”
Whiskey Sharp: Unraveled by Lauren Dane
- Angst vs stakes
- high stakes low angst (external conflict)
Forbidden Hearts series by Alisha Rai
Forbidden by Beverly Jenkins
- Historical in which hero is passing as white
- High stakes/high angst, but the drama is driven by the internal conflict
Sparks Like Ours by Melissa Brayden
- F/F surf romance
- Friends to lovers with one heroine discovering her sexual identity
My Lady’s Lover by Nicola Davidson
- F/F historical novella
- Lady’s maid falls for her employer
Vegas Top Guns Series by Katie Porter
- Sexy kinks.
- Exhibitionism at its finest
- Bisexual showgirl and a photographer
Long Shot by Kennedy Ryan
- Dark story of a woman escaping an abusive marriage
- Incredibly powerful story of a woman surviving and fighting
- Basketball romance
Burn Down the Night by M. O’Keefe
- Motorcycle club romance
- AMAZING heroine who is not here for your bullshit
Judgment Road by Christine Feehan
Lord of Scoundrels by Loretta Chase
Rules of Scoundrels series by Sarah MacLean
Radiance by Grace
Hidden Legacy Series by Ilona Andrews
Kate Daniels Series by Ilona Andrews
Guardian Series by Meljean Brook
Anita Blake Series by Laurel K. Hamilton
Everything Ravaged. Everything Burned. (short story)
Recs We’re Looking For:
Tortured Control Freaks Who Like to Get a Little Kinky!