We’re joined by USA Today Bestselling author, Abby Jimenez! Abby is also a Food Network champ who founded the Nadia Cakes bakery out of her home kitchen back in 2007. Nadia Cakes has since gone on to win numerous Food Network competitions and has amassed an international cult following. We chat about her fascinating journey from one of the lowest points of her life to the wonderful successes she’s achieved and the risks it took to get there. We discuss her debut novel, The Friend Zone, her hilarious dogs, and so much more!
If you haven’t joined our Facebook group yet, you’re missing out on the fun! Find our Wicked Wallflowers Coven HERE! If you have a moment to leave us a rating on your preferred platform, we would be ever so grateful!
WAYS TO LISTEN
Some highlights from our conversation include:
- Her day job running a bakery and how she transitioned from that to writing romance
- How she got a literary agent and sold her first book
- The dick joke she included in her query letter
- All about The Friend Zone
- Her dogs and why they have their own Instagrams–Stuntman Mike and Tess
- What it was like when she lost her job during her third back to back pregnancy and how it resulted in her starting to sell cakes out of her house
- The risks it took to start a bakery
- Her experiences on Food Network shows (and that one time she met Tom Hiddleston)
- Debut author review bingo
- The Friend Zone by Abby Jimenez
- Happy Ever After Playlist by Abby Jimenez
- When Breath Becomes Air by Paul Kalanithi
- Midnight Blue by LJ Shen
- Empire of the Summer Moon by S.C. Gwynne
You can find Abby Jimenez on her website, Twitter, Instagram, or Facebook!