We’re joined by entrepreneur, Lora Haddock, the founder of pleasure tech company Lora DiCarlo. Her sex toy, the Osé is coming out this fall and promises to deliver a blended orgasm. We talk about how she got into designing pleasure tech, bad sex toys we’ve had the misfortune to know, and why CES gave her team a robots award and then took it away (spoiler alert: they’re sexist dickheads).
You can sign up for updates to be one of the first to purchase the Osé HERE.
If you haven’t joined our new Facebook group yet, you’re missing out on the fun! Find our Wicked Wallflowers Coven HERE! If you have a moment to leave us a rating on iTunes, we would be ever so grateful!
WAYS TO LISTEN
Some highlights from our conversation include:
- All about their brand new sex toy, the Osé–what it does, why it’s different from anything we’ve seen in the past, and why we want one!
- How it uses “biomimicry” to simulate the touch of a partner instead of vibrating.
- How it’s revolutionary to have focused on female anatomy when designing a new product.
- How she came up with the idea (hint: it may have been from a mind blowing orgasm…)
- Some of our hilariously bad #sextoyfails from over the years
- What their design and development process looks like
- Why Sarah and Jenny would very much like to be beta testers for Lora DiCarlo.
- “We’re creating a sex toy that destigmatizes the conversation around sex and masturbation.”
- How they won a CES Award for innovation in robots–and then they took it back and wouldn’t let them exhibit at the trade show. Because reasons (misogyny, sexism, and idiocy…)
- Her dog, Enzo’s Instagram account (@enzofuzz)