This episode was recorded at a live event at The Ripped Bodice called Writing Erotic Romance for the Modern Reader featuring C.D. Reiss and Sierra Simone discussing how they write such steamy books. Jenny moderated, so we recorded it to share with everyone who wasn’t able to attend!
WAYS TO LISTEN
Some highlights from our conversation include:
- How they approach writing erotic romance differently from a non erotic romance and what the differences between them are.
- How they handle writing male POV in an erotic romance.
- How deliberately they approach writing a high heat level
- What they’ve found unexpectedly sexy while writing.
- Their advice for newer writers on how to learn to trust your authentic voice.
- How they deal with negativity.
- How they manage reader expectations.
- How many books they push themselves to write per year.
- How they handle consent in their writing.
We mention the Fated Mates podcast during this episode, which you should definitely check out! We’ll have Sierra back on next week for a full interview, and she’ll also be on Fated Mates in the next few months, which we’re super excited about! If you can’t get enough Sierra Simone (we can’t!), check out the Priest episode of Heaving Bosoms that Jenny guest cohosted during Melody’s maternity leave. We wax poetic about Father Bell and Poppy! We’re also making plans to have Christine (CD Reiss) back on for a full interview, so keep an eye out for that!