Victoria Denault joins us to talk hockey romance and tell us all about the latest in her San Francisco Thunder series, Now or Never! She tells us the story of actor/comedian Paul Sheer live tweeting her book to make up for mocking the cover on social media–and what it was like to be caught in a public kerfuffle like that. We also chat about her recent move from LA to a small village in France (where we hope she’s enjoying her wine and cheese and French countryside and we’re not even a little bit jealous!).
If you haven’t joined our new Facebook group yet, you’re missing out on the fun! Find it HERE! If you have a moment to leave us a rating on iTunes, we would be ever so grateful!
WAYS TO LISTEN
Some highlights from our conversation include:
- Why she decided to move from LA to a small village in France–and what she plans to do once she’s there.
- How she started reading romance.
- How dissatisfied we are with how the Sweet Valley Series ended up.
- How she ended up in a public kerfuffle with actor/comedian Paul Sheer and how it led to him live tweeting her book and then inviting her to one of his comedy shows.
- All about her San Francisco Thunder series and why she writes hockey romance.
- Our love of beards.
- How Victoria met her husband.
- Our thoughts on weddings.
- What she’s working on next.
- Sweet Valley High by Francine Pascal
- The Cheerleader Series (there are several and I’m not sure which one Victoria meant!)
- Books by Danielle Steele
- Books by Jackie Collins
- Now or Never by Victoria Denault
- Score by Victoria Denault (1st book in The San Francisco Thunder Series)
- When It’s Right by Victoria Denault
- The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton
- Shameless by Lex Martin
- Books by Christina Lauren
You can find out more about Victoria on her website or follow her on Twitter, Instagram, or Facebook!