We’re joined by New York Times bestselling author, Darynda Jones! Darynda tells us all about her Charley Davidson series, which has just come to its conclusion with Summoned to Thirteenth Grave. She also talks about falling for her husband at the age of 10, discovering her son was deaf, her degree in Sign Language Interpreting, and her journey to becoming an author.
If you haven’t joined our new Facebook group yet, you’re missing out on the fun! Find it HERE! If you have a moment to leave us a rating on iTunes, we would be ever so grateful!
WAYS TO LISTEN
Some highlights from our conversation include:
- Her first experience with romance.
- What her path to becoming a writer looked like.
- How the Golden Heart competition kickstarted her career.
- How she fell for her husband at the age of 10–and they’re still happily married!
- What it was like realizing her son was deaf, getting people to believe her, and how that changed her life.
- Where the idea for Charley Davidson came from, what it’s been like saying goodbye to the series after this long, and how she originally pitched the idea.
- Her writing process–spoiler alert, she’s a hardcore plotter and outliner!
- How she got her degree in Sign Language Interpreting.
- All about her hilarious experiences interpreting for her son when he was in high school.
- What she’s learned about the deaf community and deaf culture through her experiences.