We’re joined by author and fellow podcaster, Lindsay Emory to talk about her latest book, The Royal Runaway, why people are so fascinated by royals, and what her publishing journey has been like.
Thanks to everyone who has heeded our call from the Anniversary Episodeand left us a review on iTunes (or wherever you listen!)—we appreciate it more than you know! Make sure you remember to shoot us an email (firstname.lastname@example.org) to claim your reward(s)! If you haven’t done it yet, offer still stands!
- A signed copy of Jenny’s book! (Last Call!)
- A custom limerick written about you by Sarah!
- Name a character in Jenny’s column!
We’re also thrilled with our new Facebook groupand loving being able to connect more with listeners, so if you haven’t joined yet, come be part of our Facebook club! If you haven’t signed up for our newsletter yet, you can do that HERE!
WAYS TO LISTEN
Some highlights from our conversation include:
- Her first romance.
- How she got her start writing fanfic, but a mundane conversation with her daughter turned profound and put her on the path to being a writer.
- How The Royal Runaway is more Romantic Adventure vs. Romantic Suspense and that she was heavily influenced by movies like Romancing the Stone and relationships like Princess Lea and Han Solo.
- Why she thinks people are so interested in royals.
- How royalty can elevate the female voice.
- Some of her favorite books about royals.
- Where she gets inspiration: TV, DVDs, and Atlas Obscura
- Her winding path to publication
- Her fabulous advice for aspiring authors
- Her thoughts on Writer’s Block
- And more!
- The Royal Runaway by Lindsay Emory
- A Princess in Theory by Alyssa Cole
- A Duke by Default by Alyssa Cole
- Once Ghosted, Twice Shy by Alyssa Cole
- The Royal We by Heather Cocks
- Prince Charming by Rachel Hawkins
- Her Royal Spyness by Rhys Bowen
- Accidental Beauty Queen by Teri Wilson
- Anne of Green Gables
- Who Thought This Was a Good Idea by Alyssa Mastromonaco
You can find Lindsay on Twitter or Instagram or on her fabulous podcast, Women With Books!