We’re joined by Shayla Black and Lexi Blake! They are two bestselling, prolific authors who talk all about their gloriously filthy stories, their writing process, and a slew of random topics!
- iTunes: Click the button in the banner or here to download (and subscribe!) iTunes: 50 – Shayla Black and Lexi Blake: Masters of Menage
- Stream on Simplecast: Ep. 50 Shayla Black and Lexi Blake: Masters of Menage
- Click here for GooglePlay!
- It’s also available on Stitcher, Spotify, or most other podcast apps!
To find out more about Shayla, you can check out her website or follow her on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram. And Lexi on her website, Facebook or Twitter.
Highlights from our conversation include:
- Their first experiences going to RWA.
- How they met and starting working together as part of an accountability writing group and discovered that they were compatible.
- How they accidentally predicted current events in their Perfect Gentleman series.
- What their joint writing process looks like.
- How the Masters of Menage series came about…tequila!
- Why “traditional menage” felt limiting to them.
- “Let’s take tropes and make them really dirty!”
- “She starts a virgin, but it doesn’t last long.”
- “We’ll just give you more cock. It’s fine.”
- “He finally did give her his penis, in case you’re wondering…”
- How their husbands are the backbones of their businesses.
- How they juggle all their many writing projects.
- How they deal with writer’s block when their schedule doesn’t have room for it.
- How their Perfect Gentleman series came about and how they developed it.
- “Those things can be slippery suckers!”
- Pickles, clowns, and pranks!
- Why they don’t want to survive the zombie apocalypse
- At the Pleasure of the President by Shayla and Lexi (not up yet, so here’s the link to the first book in the series!)
- Their Virgin Captive by Shayla Black and Lexi Blake
- Their Virgin Secretary Shayla Black and Lexi Blake
- More Than Crave You by Shayla Black
- Protected by Lexi Blake
- Scandal Never Sleeps by Shayla Black and Lexi Blake
- A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J Maas
- Lucky’s Lady by Tami Hoag