We’re joined by debut author, Alexa Martin and special guest cohost, Maureen Lee Lenker! Alexa chats with us about her book, Intercepted, what it was like being a real life NFL wife, her love of reality TV, and much more!
- iTunes: Click the button in the banner or here to download (and subscribe!) iTunes: 46 – Alexa Martin: Intercepted
- Stream on Simplecast: Ep. 46 Alexa Martin: Intercepted
- Click here for GooglePlay!
- It’s also available on Stitcher, Spotify, or most other podcast apps!
Highlights from our conversation:
- How her husband felt about her writing in his football world
- How becoming an author is her reclaiming her identity outside of being a wife and mother
- How #pitchwars ultimately led to her becoming a published author
- What her revision process looked like and how it led to her getting an agent and a book deal
- How she hasn’t fully embraced her identity as an author yet and is still battling self doubt
- Her gateway drug into romance–Fifty Shades!
- Her relationship with football and how she struggles with the dangers of CTE, the risks to players, and the issues of domestic violence and culture around the sport
- Some of the downsides of being a professional football player, especially being a football family
- Her own adorable romance story with her husband
- Her love of reality TV and how that trickles into her writing
- What she’s working on next
- How there can be a target on your back when your husband plays football
Books mentioned in this episode:
Intercepted by Alexa Martin
Crossfire Series by Sylvia Day
Fifty Shades of Grey by E.L. James