We share what we’ve been up to and what we’ve been reading with special guest, Maureen Lee Lenker. Bonus: hear all about our first kisses, both real life and on stage!
You can click the button or this link to download (and subscribe!) on iTunes!
Click this link to stream:
What We’re Reading #2
Or click the button above (below on mobile) to access the show on Google Play. It’s also available on Stitcher, Spotify, or most other podcast apps!
- Sarah got an agent!
- Jenny is back from the wilderness!
- Sarah is back from Guatamalan adventures!
Recs we’re looking for:
- Sci fi/fantasy
- Enemies to lovers (of the saucy variety)
- Ancient or Renaissance historical fiction
Books mentioned in this episode:
The Kiss Quotient by Helen Hoang (listen to our episode with Helen!)
A Court of Frost and Starlight by Sarah J Maas
Darker Shade of Magic by V.E. Schwaub
- Fantasy Maureen loved
- pickpocket heroine from Victorian England
Wicked and the Wallflower by Sarah MacLean (listen to our episode with Sarah!)
- Sexy hero named Devil who fights with a sword cane!
- One of our favorite Sarah MacLean books!
Never Judge a Lady by Her Cover by Sarah MacLean
Inheritance Trilogy by N.K. Jemison
American Queen by Sierra Simone
- Only $.99 right now!
- Camelot retold as a
- Best portrayal of BDSM in fiction that Jenny has read
Priest by Sierra Simone
- Hot Dom Priest
- Sexy BDSM
- Gloriously filthy and somehow spiritual at the same time
A Storied Life by Leigh Kramer
- High on our TBR pile
- “Weaving together grief and beauty, humor and romance…will make you rethink life, love, and loss.”
A Long Fatal Love Chase by Louisa May Alcott
- Gothic romance
- sexy priest
The Forbidden Hearts Trilogy by Alisha Rai (listen to our episode with Alisha!)
- Maureen loved the conclusion
- sexy, satisfying family drama
Forbidden and Tempest by Beverly Jenkins
- Historical Western series
- Often based on real historical figures
- Jenny is now binge reading all things Beverly Jenkins
The Red by Tiffany Reisz
- Art history based erotica
- Da Vinci Code erotica!
The Idea of You by Robinne Lee
- 39 year old heroine falls for 20 year old boy band member when she takes her preteen daughter to a meet and greet
- gorgeous exploration of ageism, madness of fame, the invisibility of “older” women, art world, and love.
- Does not have an HEA.
- Rec from Michelle Jenkins!
My Oxford Year by Julia Whelan (listen to our episode with Julia!)
- Maureen felt it was deeply authentic having experienced her own Oxford Year
- found it breathtaking
Always Never Yours by Emily Wibberley and Austin Siegemund-Broca
- High school sweetheart authors who got engaged at The Ripped Bodice
- teenage girl who thinks she’s always The Girl Before
- about her finding her self worth
- lots of Shakespeare
- sex positive teen heroine
Royals by Rachel Hawkins
- YA with snarky, funny heroine
- her sister is getting married to Crown Prince of Scotland and she has to live there for the summer and learn etiquette
Song of the Lioness by Tamora Pierce