We share what we’ve been up to and what we’ve been reading with special guest, Maureen Lee Lenker. Bonus: hear all about our first kisses, both real life and on stage!
Ways to listen:
You can click the button or this link to download (and subscribe!) on iTunes!
Click this link to stream:
What We’re Reading #2
Or click the button above (below on mobile) to access the show on Google Play. It’s also available on Stitcher, Spotify, or most other podcast apps!
- Sarah got an agent!
- Jenny is back from the wilderness!
- Sarah is back from Guatamalan adventures!
Recs we’re looking for:
- Sci fi/fantasy
- Enemies to lovers (of the saucy variety)
- Ancient or Renaissance historical fiction
Books mentioned in this episode:
The Kiss Quotient by Helen Hoang (listen to our episode with Helen!)
A Court of Frost and Starlight by Sarah J Maas
Darker Shade of Magic by V.E. Schwaub
- Fantasy Maureen loved
- pickpocket heroine from Victorian England
Wicked and the Wallflower by Sarah MacLean (listen to our episode with Sarah!)
- Sexy hero named Devil who fights with a sword cane!
- One of our favorite Sarah MacLean books!
Never Judge a Lady by Her Cover by Sarah MacLean
Inheritance Trilogy by N.K. Jemison
American Queen by Sierra Simone
- Only $.99 right now!
- Camelot retold as a
- Best portrayal of BDSM in fiction that Jenny has read
Priest by Sierra Simone
- Hot Dom Priest
- Sexy BDSM
- Gloriously filthy and somehow spiritual at the same time
A Storied Life by Leigh Kramer
- High on our TBR pile
- “Weaving together grief and beauty, humor and romance…will make you rethink life, love, and loss.”
A Long Fatal Love Chase by Louisa May Alcott
- Gothic romance
- sexy priest
The Forbidden Hearts Trilogy by Alisha Rai (listen to our episode with Alisha!)
- Maureen loved the conclusion
- sexy, satisfying family drama
Forbidden and Tempest by Beverly Jenkins
- Historical Western series
- Often based on real historical figures
- Jenny is now binge reading all things Beverly Jenkins
The Red by Tiffany Reisz
- Art history based erotica
- Da Vinci Code erotica!
The Idea of You by Robinne Lee
- 39 year old heroine falls for 20 year old boy band member when she takes her preteen daughter to a meet and greet
- gorgeous exploration of ageism, madness of fame, the invisibility of “older” women, art world, and love.
- Does not have an HEA.
- Rec from Michelle Jenkins!
My Oxford Year by Julia Whelan (listen to our episode with Julia!)
- Maureen felt it was deeply authentic having experienced her own Oxford Year
- found it breathtaking
Always Never Yours by Emily Wibberley and Austin Siegemund-Broca
- High school sweetheart authors who got engaged at The Ripped Bodice
- teenage girl who thinks she’s always The Girl Before
- about her finding her self worth
- lots of Shakespeare
- sex positive teen heroine
Royals by Rachel Hawkins
- YA with snarky, funny heroine
- her sister is getting married to Crown Prince of Scotland and she has to live there for the summer and learn etiquette
Song of the Lioness by Tamora Pierce