This week we’re joined by Lenora Bell. She is a USA Today bestselling, award-winning author of historical romances. In 2014 she won the Romance Writers of America’s Golden Heart Award for Best Historical.
You can click the button in the banner on the right or this link to download (and subscribe!) on iTunes!
Or click the button above to access the show on Google Play. It’s also available on Stitcher or most other podcast apps!
- Her earliest memories of writing to how she got her start as an author.
- Her long road to publication.
- Where she gets her book ideas from.
- How she builds her stories around her heroines.
- How romance as a genre and her stories are a part of the conversation around consent.
- The strong, powerful, fascinating real life women that she bases many of her characters on.
- How much she struggled to write her second book even after succeeding with the first–especially with feelings of inadequacy and imposter syndrome.
- Her writing rituals.
- How fear (of failure or not being good enough) was at the heart of her crippling writer’s block.
- How supportive the romance community can be and how she wants to pay it forward.
- How she finds meditation to be helpful for writing (and life!).
- How important travel is to her and how it has changed her life.
What a Difference a Duke Makes by Lenora Bell
Blame it on the Duke by Lenora Bell
For the Duke’s Eyes Only by Lenora Bell (Coming Sept 27)
How to Make an American Quilt by Whitney Otto
Books by Tessa Dare
Books by Eloisa James
Story Genius by Lisa Cron
Big Magic by Elizabeth Gilbert
The Hating Game by Sally Thorne
Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
When a Scot Ties the Knot by Tessa Dare