We’re joined this week by Kelly Bowen who is the RITA award winning author of historical romance including her Lords of Worth series, A Season for Scandal series, and her new Devils of Dover series. We discuss her new release (A Duke in the Night), her background in agriculture, and which body part was most crucial in selecting the cover of her latest book.
You can click the button in the banner on the right or this link to download (and subscribe!) on iTunes!
Or click the button above to access the show on Google Play. It’s also available on Stitcher, Spotify, or most other podcast apps!
Highlights from our conversation include:
- How she ended up reading her very first romance novel.
- Why working on farms meant that she didn’t feel any shame about the sex in romance novels.
- The fabulously varied educational and work backgrounds of romance authors.
- How her degrees in veterinary physiology and veterinary endocrinology have impacted her.
- Her (sometimes hilarious) experiences in the male dominated field of agriculture–and how she enjoyed and was challenged by it.
- How she parents her boys to have a healthy view towards women.
- How the guys from the barn have been supportive and are a positive group to work with.
- Why she loves the editing process and working with a team in publishing.
- All about her new release, A Duke in the Night.
- Margaret Anne Buckley who pretended to be a man and became a doctor.
- Forearm porn and gorgeous cover models.
- When King will be getting his own book.
- Her adorable foster dog.
The variations of the cover of A Duke in the Night that we discussed:
Books mentioned in this episode:
A Duke in The Night by Kelly Bowen
Last Night with the Earl by Kelly Bowen
A Knight in Shining Armor by Jude Devereaux
The Winter Sea by Susanna Kearsley
Lord of Darkness by Elizabeth Hoyt